Introduction: Consent to Terms
You may copy, download one copy on a single computer, and print a limited amount of content, for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that (a) you include without modification all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the content, (b) you do not modify the content, (c) you do not use the content in a manner that suggests Shop Farm Journal promotes or endorses your, or any third party's, causes, ideas, web sites, products or services, and(d) you do not use the content in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. In addition, you may use widgets and tools on the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites that allow selected User Materials to appear on your personal, noncommercial web site, weblog or other application, subject to the conditions in the preceding sentence.
No quotes from any material on the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites may be used in any media without attribution to the appropriate Farm Journal brand.
Any other use of Shop Farm Journal content requires prior written permission from Shop Farm Journal.
Through the Shop Farm Journal Contact Us
page,and through other features of the Shop Farm Journal Websites, users may post,upload, transmit and/or otherwise submit ("Submit") comments,messages, other text, photos, images, story ideas, essays, and other content and materials, and make recommendations, on or through the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites ("User Materials"). You acknowledge that User Materials maybe routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties on our behalf, and the Internet, and may be viewed by Shop Farm Journal staff and on the Internet by the general public. You acknowledge that the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, the Shop Farm Journal Community, and other features of the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, are for public and not private communications.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Materials at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so. If we elect to screen User Materials, there may be a delay in the posting of such content to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your User Materials, we have the right, but not the duty, to contact you for further information, including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise have the rights to post the User Materials.
You retain the copyright and other ownership rights in any User Materials that you submit on or through the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites. However, by submitting User Materials on or through the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, you hereby grant Shop Farm Journal, and other Content Providers, and their respective licensees a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide,transferable license to use, copy, sublicense, modify, transmit, publicly perform, display, create derivative works of, host, index, cache, tag, encode,and/or adapt your User Materials in any and all media formats or channels,whether now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, Shop Farm Journal sub-web sites, third party licensee web sites, over the air (on radio or television), and on mobile platforms,without payment and without further consent or notice to you. You further grant Shop Farm Journal, its sub-web sites, and their licensees the right to contact you in connection with your User Materials and to use your name, city and state and other information that you have provided in connection with the User Materials.
Shop Farm Journal does not allow framing of the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites.
Links to Shop Farm Journal Web Sites
Shop Farm Journal encourages and permits links to content on Shop Farm Journal Web Sites. However, Shop Farm Journal is an organization committed to the highest journalistic ethics and standards and to independent journalism,both in fact and appearance. Therefore, the linking should not (a) suggest that Shop Farm Journal promotes or endorses any third party's causes, ideas, websites, products or services, or (b) use Shop Farm Journal content for inappropriate commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful or harmful to any other person or entity. We reserve the right to withdraw permission for any link.
Links to Third Party Sites
Shop Farm Journal has provided links to Internet sites maintained by third parties, over which Shop Farm Journal has no control. Shop Farm Journal does not endorse the content, operators, products or services of such sites, and Shop Farm Journal is not responsible or liable for the content, operators, availability,accuracy, quality, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites. Shop Farm Journal shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content,products or services available on or through such sites.
Use of Third Party Services
Rules for Use of the Service
By using the Service, including by registering for the Service, participating in the Shop Farm Journal Community, Submitting User Materials through the Shop Farm Journal Contact Us
page or other means, or by using any other features of the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, you agree to the following rules:
1. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to register for or participate in the Shop Farm Journal Community or other social networking features of the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites; submit any User Materials or personally-identifying information on or through the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites; participate in any online contests; and/or place an order on the Shop Farm Journal Online Shop.If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, you may browse the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites or register for email newsletters or other features of the Service(excluding the Shop Farm Journal Community) with the consent of your parent(s)or guardian(s), so long as you do not submit any User Materials. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not send any information about yourself,including your name, address or email address. If we discover that we have collected any personally-identifying information from a child under the age of13, we will remove that information from our database as soon as possible.
2. You may not submit any User Materials anonymously or under a false name or a false e-mail address. You may not impersonate another user or provide any false information about yourself.
3. You may not submit any User Materials or links to material that is libelous, defamatory,false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening,harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law, harmful to children, in violation of third party privacy rights, or that constitutes hate speech or a personal attack.
5. The Service can only be used for personal, non-commercial purposes. You cannot submit any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising,promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting. You may not use the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, the Shop Farm Journal member station websites or other Content Provider web sites for political campaigning recruiting votes, or soliciting support for legislative or other initiatives.
6. You may not submit any software or other material which contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents, programs or device. You may not use the Service to distribute chain letters, mass mailings,"spam," or duplicative or unsolicited messages in violation of applicable laws, or to gather usernames and/or e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other communications to other users of the Service.
7. You may not interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, Shop Farm Journal member station web sites, or other Content Provider web sites, or any portion or contents thereof, or use these web sites in any way which degrades their reliability, speed or operation, or their underlying hardware or software. In addition you may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to these Web Sites or related systems or networks.
10. Shop Farm Journal is not responsible or liable for any User Materials submitted by you or a third party, including any User Materials, on or through the Service. Shop Farm Journal cannot verify the accuracy of statements that users make or place on or through the Service, and does not guarantee that any User Materials have been submitted with the permission of the copyright or proprietary owner or are otherwise in compliance with the Rules for Use of the Service, the Social Networking Discussion Rules
12. You agree to comply with the Social Networking Discussion Rules, as they may be updated from time to time by Shop Farm Journal.
Shop Farm Journal offers content, tools, information and other materials written or maintained by Shop Farm Journal, Farm Journal Media and its editorial partners. Forms of sponsorships, including paid advertising, maybe accepted for some of these materials.
Compensation for sponsorship of Shop Farm Journal-branded materials offers the sponsoring client no input regarding content, including editorial phrasing, included images, topics, etc.
The views and opinions expressed on Shop Farm Journal-branded material are that of either Shop Farm Journal/Farm Journal Media and/or the specific author(s) and are not influenced by advertising partners.
THE SERVICE AND ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Shop Farm Journal DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.NOR DOES Shop Farm Journal MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SERVICE OR ENDORSE, RECOMMEND, OR MAKE ANY WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF, ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION,MATERIALS, USER MATERIALS, FEATURES, SERVICE, PRODUCTS, OPINIONS, OR STATEMENTS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE OR THROUGH LINKS ON THE SERVICE. USE OF THIS SERVICE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
CONTENTON THE Shop Farm Journal WEB SITES IS NOT INTENDED TO SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OF ANY KIND. IN PARTICULAR, NOTHING CONTAINED ON THE Shop Farm Journal WEB SITES IS OR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED, OR USED AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR,MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING PERSONAL HEALTH OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS. NEVER DISREGARD OR AVOID PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON THE Shop Farm Journal WEB SITES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL FARM JOURNAL, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTY PROGRAM PRODUCERS AND PODCAST PROVIDERS BE LIABLE (A) FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, (B) RELATING TO ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE SERVICE, OR (C) IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR MATERIALS (INCLUDING USER MATERIALS) OR THE DEFAMATORY, INFRINGING, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT WILL Shop Farm Journal, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTY PROGRAM PRODUCERS AND PODCAST PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT IN EXCESS OF $100.
RIGHT TO CHANGE Shop Farm Journal WEB SITES
Shop Farm Journal has the right to change the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites,terminate or cease providing the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, or delete content, materials or features in any way, at any time or for any reason or no reason.
In the event a product, service or event available on or through the Shop Farm Journal is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, Shop Farm Journal will have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify Shop Farm Journal's acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of Shop Farm Journal's offer to sell. Shop Farm Journal reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Shop Farm Journal may charge and withhold the applicable sales tax for orders. Otherwise, you are solely responsible for all sales taxes, or other taxes, on orders shipped to you.
Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notices; Copyright Agent
Shop Farm Journal respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement by any content or material on the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites,please provide the following information in writing to Shop Farm Journal's Copyright Agent (see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(c)(3) for further detail):
1. a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
2. a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
3. a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
4. information so that we can contact you, such as address, telephone number and e-mail address.
5. a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that any content or materials you posted, uploaded or Submitted to the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, that were subsequently removed from the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, or to which access was disabled, were improperly removed or disabled, please provide the following Counter-Notification to Shop Farm Journal's Copyright Agent (see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g) for further detail):
1. your physical or electronic signature.
2. a description of the materials that have been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
3. a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
4. your name, address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
Only DMCA notices should be sent to Shop Farm Journal. For other comments or questions regarding the Shop Farm Journal Web Sites, please contact Shop Farm Journal through our contact page
The Service is controlled and operated within the United States. Shop Farm Journal makes no representation that content, materials or products available on or through the Service are appropriate or available for use outside of the United States. If you access the Service from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content and U.S. export laws and regulations.